REALLY, THIS SONG SUCKS!
Website Spinner.com has released it's list of the worse songs of all time. They are, in reverse order:
10. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
9. The Macarena - Los Del Rio I am happy to say that I have NEVER done the Macarena!
8. Ebony and Ivory - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder OK, I actually like this song. Of course, I also like the parody version Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo (playing Wonder and Frank Sinatra) did on "Saturday Night Live." "I am black and you are white...you're as blind as a bat and I have sight!"
7. I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
6. I Am Woman - Helen Reddy Without this song there would have been no women's rights movement. Or "Pete's Dragon."
5. U Can't Touch This - M.C. Hammer Think of all the money that could have been saved by NOT buying parachute pants.
4. Barbie Girl - Aqua
3. She Bangs - Ricky Martin If the rumors are true she ain't banging Ricky.
2. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice It wasn't AIDS that killed Freddie Mercury...it was hearing what Robert Van Winkle did to "Under Pressure."
1. Who Let the Dogs Out? - Baha Men OK, pretty annoying but let me inject a humorous story - a few years ago a group of us were gathered at my former in laws' home when my son's dog, Nina, managed to find her way to the kitchen. Grandma very innocently asked "Who let the dog out?" which caused all of us to "woof" at her in reply.
Sony Pictures, whose "Spider-Man" films helped kick off this new "golden age" of comic book films, is hoping to release a film based around the character of Venom. Though Topher Grace played Venom in "Spider-Man 3" he hasn't been approached about possibly returning to the role. Sony also stated that any "Venom" film would not interfere in their hopes to have a fourth "Spider-Man" film out in 2011.
After the bomb that was "The Love Guru" Mike Myers is currently writing a fourth "Austin Powers" film. In a tribute to his late father, who shared his love for the James Bond films with him, Myers says the film will have the relationship of Dr. Evil and his son, Scott, as its focus.
According to iF Magazine, Nicolas Cage is teaming up with director John Carpenter for the film "Scared Straight." Cage will play a prison inmate who has to protect a group of kids on a "Scared Straight" visit when a violent riot breaks out.
The MPAA has rescinded the NC 17 rating awarded to "Zack and Miri Make A Porno" after a lengthy plea from writer/director Kevin Smith. The film, starring Seth Rogen, will be released with an R rating later this year.
Very sad to learn of the passing of Atlanta Braves play by play man Skip Caray, who died in his sleep last week. Caray, son of Hall of Fame broadcaster Harry Caray and father of broadcaster Skip Caray, was the voice of the Braves for 33 years. He was 68.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!
Color me gone as I head off to spend a few days in sunny Las Vegas. Besides laying by the pool and hitting the buffet at the Mirage I hope to meet up with filmmaker and past PCR contributor Greg Van Cott for some long overdue conversations.
Nice to not only see some old faces return but the addition of some new blood. Bobby and Jake, here's some advice on how to get on Terence's good side: make sure you mention Billy Corgan every chance you get!
AND THE OSCAR FOR 1980 SHOULD HAVE GONE TO...