Creator Matt Groenig has confirmed a second "Simpsons" Movie is in the works, cautioning however that everyone remain calm, as the first film took almost four years to complete.
This year the people behind the Emmy awards have created a new category - Best Music and Lyrics." The category was created so that past musical numbers as Saturday Night Live's "Dick In a Box" could be remembered. This years favorite nominee is comedienne Sarah Silverman's break up message to Jimmy Kimmel entitled "I'm Fucking Matt Damon." Ironically, the long time couple DID break up recently. Even sadder, Kimmel's response, "I'm Fucking Ben Affleck," did not make the cut.
OF COURSE YOU CAN GO FREE -- NOT!
Boy, you help murder seven people in the most brutal way and you can't even catch a break these days. Susan Adkins, convicted 40 years ago for being part of the Tate-Labianca murders orchestrated by Charles Manson, recently petitioned the parole board for a compassionate release from prison because she has brain cancer. The board gave her a unanimous "NO."
THE SCARIEST (AT LEAST FOR NOW)
MoviePhone recently conducted an online survey as to the best bad guys ever put on film. The top 10:
1. Lord Voldermort (Harry Potter)
2. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
3. The Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz)
4. Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
5. The Joker (The Dark Knight) - apparently fans were either voting with their hearts or there was a shit-load of pirated copies floating out there.
6. Auric Goldfinger (Goldfinger)
7. Anton Chigurl (No Country For Old Men)
8. Hans Gruber (Die Hard)
9. Max Cady (Cape Fear - the Scorsese version)
10. The Wicked Queen (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
In my review this week of "The Dark Knight," I note that James Dean was the first ACTOR to receive a posthumous acting Academy Award nomination. Technically, he was the first MALE ACTOR to do that. In 1929, actress Jeanne Eagels was nominated as Best Actress for her role in "The Letter," shortly after dying from an overdose of heroin.
AND THE OSCAR FOR 1956 SHOULD HAVE GONE TO...